At Medilas Clinic, we have been performing PRP therapy as a proactive therapeutic option for male and female patients experiencing hair loss. PRP is an exciting non-surgical therapeutic option for patients who require stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions.
Recent scientific research and technology provides the medical community with new understandings of wound and tissue healing. As a result of these scientific studies, we recognize PRP is an all-natural autologous medical procedure performed in physicians offices for scalp, skin, and hair stimulation.
WHAT IS PRP (PLATELET RICH PLASMA)?
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma, using human blood contains mesenchymal stem cells, and autologous blood products that contain essential and specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. Published medical literature from Europe and the United States confirms the safety and use of PRP therapy. It has been used a medial adjunct therapy for over two decades for skin and wound healing. PRP therapy has established itself to be effective as a medical treatment modality in the specialty fields of medical aesthetics, oral surgery, neurosurgery, plastic and cosmetic surgery, sports medicine and orthopedics. It has been used extensively in these specialties for the last twenty years with generally positive outcomes and success.
In terms of hair restoration, evidence supports PRP therapy as a promising treatment option to promote hair growth. No claim can be made of its efficacy. While PRP is in the early stages of scientific research in hair restoration, PRP is not meant to replace current FDA approved therapies such as DHT blockers and Minoxidil. But it is a promising non-surgical therapeutic option for those patients with hair loss.
– Gentle, painless, stimulating quick hair growth.
– No downtime
– The situation of hair loss will be solved just after the first PRP treatment.
– This PRP procedure is applicable to both men and women.
HOW DOES PRP WORK?
– Step 1: A thorough consultation to evaluate if this is the right treatment for you (Small talk with MEDILAS doctors) + Blood testing.
– Step 2: The first stage of this procedure involves taking a small blood sample from the patient. And then, placing the blood sample into the centrifuge machine for 10 minutes. The idea of this is to separate off the red blood cells leaving just the plasma which is rich in platelets and this will be re-injected into the patient. What we’ve achieved is the first two spins will be a differentiation of the red blood cells and the plasma which is rich in platelets. The last two spins which will further enhance the concentration and the quality of the plaletets contained within the plasma.
– Step 3: Using Mesotherapy or Mesogun U225 (Mesotherapy Injector device) to directly inject PRP into your head so that PRP can penetrate deeper into the skin, maximising the results.
– Step 5: Take doctor’s advice.
BEFORE & AFTER